A community exchange for good people living and working in Monmouthshire.
Our Monmouthshire helps you:
Make connections with your community
This platform lets you connect and interact with your community in many positive ways. So why not:
- Register on Our Monmouthshire.
- Create a profile and let others find out more about you.
- Set up your ‘Best Match’ to quickly search the activities and members that match your profile.
Add or find community activities and support services
Social groups, support services and local events are the lifeblood of our communities. These are the places where friendships are made, experiences are shared and kindness grows. When you register on this platform, you can:
- community groups, services or event listings.
- Find activities that match your interests or locations.
- Create and print a ‘favourites’ list.
Help others and learn new skills through timebanking
Every person, group and organisation needs a helping hand from time to time. This platform allows people to offer help or request a helping hand from a neighbour in Monmouthshire. You can:
- to the timebank.
- Manage your exchanges and chat to timebankers via messages.
- Send credits as a thank you for the help.
- Record your stories of neighbourly action.
- Build up your social CV.
Start conversations and share your ideas
Our ‘conversations’ feature is a fast and easy way for you to start discussions, gather ideas and share your opinions about issues that are important to you (but remember this is not a complaints forum-it's a positive, solution-focused forum!). You can:
- Post a question to the community.
- Join a conversation and share your ideas and comments.
- Rate and endorse the ideas of others.
- Turn good ideas into projects.
Work together to make good things happen
Our project teams feature is useful for private group discussions and for delivering community projects. Here you can:
- Create a public or private team space and invite other members to collaborate.
- Set up a chatroom within a team space.
- Share documents - by linking to a shared Google Drive account.
- Share tasks - assign and share tasks with your group members.
- Add Survey Monkey and Trello boards to their team space.
Who is this platform for?
This platform is available to anyone living and working in Monmouthshire.
Our primary aim is to facilitate the exchange of offers and requests between people in all of our towns and villages.
How does it work?
You will need to complete a two-stage registration process to join the timebank:
- Step 1: Register on this platform.
- Step 2: Apply to join the timebank (we aim to approve all applications within 24 hours).
Once you have joined the timebank, you can post as many offers and requests as you like.
Joining the timebank means signing up to our timebank terms and conditions, which offer guidelines for keeping you and your loved ones safe. If you are requesting help on behalf of a vulnerable or elderly relative / neighbour / friend, please ensure you don’t reveal any personally identifiable information about them. Just describe what you need and where (broadly) you need it.
While we have guidelines and work upon the assumption that people will help one another to the best of their abilities, this is not a professional service and all activity takes place at your own risk.
For queries relating to Our Monmouthshire, including any recommendations for this platform, please contact us.