What do I need to do to become a reference checked member of the timebank?
- Have a welcoming profile with details about who you are
- Have completed your profile, including a good profile image
- Have completed your 'Best Match' preferences
- Have completed the 'Join the timebank' form
- Apply for the reference checked timebanker badge
Note: your reference(s) will need to have confirmed they can vouch for you to our reference checkers & the platform team will be satisfied with the reference check
How to stay safe and keep others safe
In these unprecedented times, there has never been a greater need for communities to pull together. We want to make sure people feel supported, safe and included in their community, whilst maintaining their health and well-being.
This page aims to provide additional advice and guidance for your safety during the Coronavirus outbreak. If you are concerned about COVID-19 and want to find out more information, please visit - Government information & advice (GOV.UK).
Staying safe whilst interacting with others
When posting offers or requests from members via the platform, you must not disclose any personal information about them.
When chatting on the phone, please be mindful that people may feel desperate and vulnerable. They need a friendly voice and a helping hand to overcome a challenge they maybe facing. It is up to you to listen carefully, be reassuring and find out the details of their request. Use the 'Add a request' form to gather details. Eg: “Sue needs help with IT” or “Bill needs someone to collect his prescription from the chemist on Tuesday”.
If you are volunteering to support another member of the platform during the Coronavirus crisis, you must follow the official government advice.
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Supporting others in the community
We know there are many vulnerable people in our communities who will be badly affected by the Coronavirus, not just in terms of getting ill but by being unable to access services and their support network.
The aim of our campaign is to unlock the creativity and compassion of the community to support each other through this challenge. You'll be able to share and view ideas for supporting others, respond to direct requests and see what is happening in your community.
Stay healthy whilst isolating
If you have a cough or have experienced a high temperature, the advice is to follow the NHS guidelines which states:
Continue to stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Please use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do if you a symptoms
If you wish to report a concern about another member's activity, please contact the platform co-ordinators: